STS China/C-Time arranges for foreign students to live with volunteer host families and attend local high schools in China. We offer full support throughout their stay in China and are here to solve any problems they may encounter while here – from minor inconveniences to emergencies. After a year attending classes, studying Chinese, and chatting with their host families, these young people can really speak Chinese!
Our host families and schools are recruited from around China, and have all passed our rigorous screening process. In most cases, foreign exchange students will be placed in a local host family and attend public high school. Sometimes, however, private schools are willing to take foreign exchange students for free, for the purpose of giving its students international exposure.
● All inbound students will arrive in Beijing and be picked up the airport by our staff.
● After arriving students participate in a welcome orientation in Beijing. The students are required to participate C-Time Chinese Summer Camp in order to getting elementary Chinese.
● After the orientation, students leave for their destination cities by either train or plane, and will be greeted by their host families and local Area Representative at the station or airport.
● Student are assigned to classes according to their age and Chinese level.
● Foreign exchange students living in small towns receive free Chinese tutoring.We offer both academic year and semester exchange programs.
● Optional intensive Chinese language training course before the academic year begins as well as travel programs for the holidays during the academic year.
● Between 14-18 years old.
● Flexible, adaptable, willing to try new things, open-minded, and in good health.
● Ready to share his/her native culture with host family and school.
● Family-oriented, have strong desire to learn Chinese language and culture.
● Will prepare materials (essays and pictures) to introduce his/her home country to classmates.
● Locating, screening, and selecting a suitable Chinese host family and school.
● Provision of JW202 form and assistance to obtain a visa.
● Processing of the application, and academic counseling.
● Full support throughout the stay in China, including one local Area Representative for each student and 24 hour emergency service.
● Upon arrival, transportation to and from a local airport
● Orientation program in Beijing
● Arrange optional Chinese courses according to student’s Chinese level.